Sunday, January 22, 2012

Arrived in Lyon

I've made it to Lyon (five trains later, but somehow still standing.) I realized along the way that correct grammar aside, I remember enough French grammar to construct sentences, and can read signs and communicate without that Swahili feeling. We'll see how it goes tomorrow, but I got myself from the station to the tram, to the hotel, by speaking only French.

I haven't actually spoken to anyone at the company in Lyon yet, so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing here. I think mostly I decided it was time to go to France. I have until Thursday to try to organize class with the company. If it doesn't work out, a girl I met in Dortmund suggested some cool places to take class in Paris, right near Bastille and the Moulin Rouge, so that will be fun too.

In the dark I could still see what a beautiful city Lyon is. There are lots of old beautiful buildings, two big canals, and a very mysterious castle up on a hill. I'm very excited to do some exploring tomorrow. And yes, take pictures, which I know have been lacking.

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited that you're in France and I hope Lyon is fun. I hope the overnight digs include a nice bathroom! Hoping to see some pictures of Lyon, and of Lucy in Lyon!

    Big article about Wendy W. in the TImes today. I'll save it for you.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete