Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Reading list so far:

I may have mentioned that on a trip that involves a lot of trains and alone time, I've managed to blow through a lot of reading material; probably more than I've ever read before. Here's what I've read so far:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl who played with Fire
The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
-Stieg Larson

The Year of the Flood, by Margaret Atwood

The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, Suzanne Collins

The Orphan Master's Son, by Adam Johnson

Hush, by Eishes Chayil

Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro

Falling Angels, by Tracy Chevalier

Wolf Hall, by Hilary Mantel
*this one took FOREVER because it's extremely long and about one of my favorite topics, King Henry VIII, so I had to pair it with all four seasons of The Tudors to compare, and I think I need a history book because I get mad when I don't know which version, if either, is right. But I started it in London, which was fun.

The Bean Trees, by Barbara Kingsolver

Annabel, by Kathleen Winter

Currently reading: The Lacuna, by Barbara Kingsolver.

Not the fanciest list in the world but still a lot of material, and most of it has been wonderful (also sometimes depressing and horrifying.) Any suggestions for what to read next? (... Besides my Native American religions book for my college course?)

No comments:

Post a Comment