Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Where's Lucy?

Anybody who's been tracking my progress will laugh at this next turn of events. Of all places, I'm back where I started in Zurich!

I went from Stuttgart to Saarbrucken, where I'd seen that they were hiring girls. But somewhere in the last week I got overly confident with getting in touch with companies at the last minute, and it wasn't as easy to just show up in this case. It's also been harder to find classes to take on the off days, and I was just not feeling so good about it. The cold probably didn't help my decision making either...

Then I got an email inviting me to a private audition in Basel on Thursday. I thought to myself, if I keep sitting around in Saarbrucken, I might not get a class tomorrow, but if I go to Zurich, I know I can get a few in before the audition. Also, the hostel in Zurich was by far the friendliest and most fun, and I knew I would see some familiar faces.

So I raced to the train station, and bby some miraculous stroke of luck, there was a train that left in 15 minutes for Strasbourg, with a direct connection to Zurich. I'd be there by 9:00. In this entire month of traveling, I've never had such a convenient trip with so little planning.

The train to Strasbourg was a very funny one car train that I named " the bullet." here are pictures of the entire inside of the train from where I was sitting.

The Zurich hostel was such a welcome break, and the breakfast with excellent coffee, yogurt, and gruyere cheese wasn't so bad either.

I got a class in this morning, and will do another tonight before getting on the train to Basel. I'm really excited to see the company there, it had a really good reputation and excellent repertoire.

It's a beautiful day in Zurich, glittery flurries against a sunny sky. I'm going to find a laundromat this afternoon, big activity of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment